
Where has the time gone?
While away at the cottage I never did conclude a final answer to the question "I never feel I should be doing anything else when I am ................ ".
I guess it was because I never felt I should be trying to answer the question while I was swimming, boating or sunbathing LOL.
So my final answer will be; it is non-conclusive.
The cottage was amazing. Georgian Bay in Ontario is an awesome place! Having lived in British Columbia for a large chunk of my life, I always thought that nothing will ever measure up to the beauty of B.C. , BUT oh, the beauty of Ontario!
I'm scheming up ways to get back to the place for next summer!
Maybe take all my B.C. relatives so I can rub our beauty in their faces?
However.
Today, while doing my devotions, the question/s that popped out were:
"How would you define your morals and convictions? What is truly important? Do your words and actions reflect your values? If they do not, what steps can you take to remedy that?"**
How do I define my morals and convictions?
Several years ago while doing the "40 Days of Purpose" study a similar question was posed. We were asked to ask our family and friends "What do you think defines my morals and convictions?"
I was, and still am humbled by my ex-husband answer; "Your relationship with Christ".
I do believe that is how I define my morals and convictions.
I have noticed lately with the emerging of the 'progressive church', and the idea of who Jesus was and what He was like and What Would Jesus really do, my convictions and morals are wandering.
And although I say they are wandering, my love and devotion to the God of the Universe and His Son Jesus Christ is not.
What truly is important?
My children.
Family.
Health.
A vibrant relationship with the living God.
Enjoying the smaller things in life.
Having friends and building friendships.
Sunshine!
Do your words and actions reflect your values?
I would prefer to pass answering that questions and let you decide that for yourself.
If they do not, what steps can you take to remedy that?
I make an deliberate attempt to daily seek and learn more about God, His son Jesus and how They would want me to live my life.
One of the joys of getting older is that you have had the time to learn certain things that you've never had certainty about. As you wander through life God allows you certain insights and immediately there is this flow, this connectiveness like "I've got it! Thank you God!"
The same holds for other things that you have accepted simply 'because'.
In time, with age they are shaken up and re-evaluated so I can say with certainty: "I've got it! Thank you God!".
When I think of stuff like this, I can't help but say what an amazing God I serve.
What an awesome God I serve!
That He would allow me the opportunity to live this life the way He has!
The experiences He has allowed me to have!
The places He has allowed me to see!
God is good all the time, all the time God is good!
I relearned the value of that old saying while in Zambia last year.
God indeed is very good, all the time - even when I don't understand it, He still is good.
And when I go through some difficult time - God IS still good!
Life is good, because God is in control of it!
Keep Looking UP
Jacquie
**Day 347 - Divorce Care
No comments:
Post a Comment